Engraving on Float Glass Art
Sometimes it is fun to just gear up and doodle on glass with an engraving tool. Typically, the engraving happens after the artwork is complete, so the lines are much more opaque and free form than the lines in the carved work featured here. I like to use my flex-shaft with a tiny diamond ball tip, and the same water set up as the glass carving.
Engraving can be a little tricky, since it is free hand, and the artwork isn’t usually flat. However, with a bit of practice, it is a nice way to expand your options.
- Float and Bottle Glass Firing Schedules
- Bottle Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Problem Solving
- Float (Window) Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Kiln Formed Bead Tutorials
- Bottle Bottom Mold Tutorials
- Kiln Carving Tutorials
- Fusing With Inclusions Tutorials
- Casting with Bottle/Float Glass
- Fusing Other Glass Tutorials
- Glass Tools and Related Articles
- Compatibility and Technical Issues
- Studio Safety