Fuse and Fold Honey Bee Tutorial
Unrolled brown bottle glass (yellow brown will also work)
round nose pliers
Honey Bee Pattern (Download free PDF Pattern here: bee.pdf)
Cut wire according to wire cutting guide on pattern. Add dots of glass glue on 1 body piece where wire is indicated.
Add wire to body and top wing where indicated by the pattern.
Add bottom wing to overlap wire on wings as indicated by the dotted line on the pattern.
Paint on stripes and eyes using gold mica paint. You could also paint veins on the wings if you are feeling creative. Fire to full fuse when dry.
Carefully bend the wing wire into an S shape with the round nose pliers. Try to avoid putting pressure on the glass, as it is quite easy to break the wire out of the glass.
You can also purchase an already made Fused Bottle Glass Bee if you want to skip the making and get straight to the enjoying!
- Float and Bottle Glass Firing Schedules
- Bottle Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Problem Solving
- Fusing With Mica
- Float (Window) Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Kiln Formed Bead Tutorials
- Bottle Bottom Mold Tutorials
- Kiln Carving Tutorials
- Fusing With Inclusions Tutorials
- Casting with Bottle/Float Glass
- Fusing Other Glass Tutorials
- Glass Tools and Related Articles
- Compatibility and Technical Issues
- Studio Safety