Fusing with Brass Loops
Fusing brass loops into recycled glass artwork is relatively easy and is a great way to add loops for wind-chimes and sun-catchers. The loops are probably a bit too chunky for jewelry, unless you’d doing industrial style jewelry, then you’re good to go.
Begin with solid brass plumbers chain (available at the hardware store, or online). The chain must be solid brass, not brass plated steel.
Open the links
Cut the loops
Glue the loops onto your glass
Stack your glass
Your fused piece can then be incorporated into a larger piece or you can add a string for hanging.
This Tech-Tip was featured in the weekly newsletter earlier this year. If you would like to receive exclusive tips and hints for recycled glass art, please sign up!
- Float and Bottle Glass Firing Schedules
- Bottle Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Float (Window) Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Kiln Formed Bead Tutorials
- Bottle Bottom Mold Tutorials
- Kiln Carving Tutorials
- Fusing With Inclusions Tutorials
- Casting with Bottle/Float Glass
- Fusing Other Glass Tutorials
- Glass Tools and Related Articles
- Compatibility and Technical Issues
- Studio Safety