The Newsletter, also called Tech Tips is a weekly e-mail for subscribers. It contains a short time saving glass work tip, links to recent tutorials, and a schedule of classes. Newsletter readers are the first to know about classes and events, including discounts and specials and new products.
The Tech Tip newsletter is free, just put your name and e-mail in the box, and you can unsubscribe anytime. I use Aweber e-mail software because they have a great reputation for security and privacy.
Have a look at some of the recent Tech Tips and see what you think:
– Punt Marks on Bottles and What They Mean – there’s a code on the bottom of nearly every bottle. Do you know what it can tell you?
– Working with Curved Bottle Glass – How to cut and flatten bottles to give yourself flat glass
– RPM’s needed for drilling glass – Manufacturers guide and the reality of shop tools
– What a great saw blade can do for you – Why it’s smart to invest in a high quality saw blade, with pictures!
– Cracks in glass projects – Different kinds of cracks in glass art and what to do about it.
– Kiln Carving Pattern cutting tips – Quick tip to help cut kiln carving patterns without tearing your fiber paper.
– Cheap floral formers from Ikea – tool hack to use Ikea stainless tumblers for floral formers.
– Using glazed ceramics for slumping molds – The one additional tool that will let you use thrift store bowls as molds. This one is hugely popular.
– Reusing fiber paper kiln carving patterns – How to re-use your kiln carving pattern for multiple firings.
– Fusing a hole in glass – Save yourself some drilling time!
– Fusing in Brass Loops – Fuse the hanging loops right into the project
Visit the archive and see all of the newsletters.