DIY Mandrel Drying Rack
For the longest time, I’ve been balancing my freshly dipped kiln formed bead mold mandrels on whatever is handy. Well, not anymore! If I had have realized how easy it was to make a drying rack, I would have done it ages ago!
To make your own mandrel drying rack you will need:
2 long bamboo skewers or dowels
piece of cardboard, longer than the skewers and at least 6″ wide
All of the mandrels for our bead molds are 5″ long, so we are going to mark lines 4.75″ apart on the cardboard. I started by moving 1″ from the left side, making a mark, then moving over 4.75″ and making another mark.
Tape the skewer onto the cardboard with a piece of tape at each end. Align with the marks on the cardboard.
- Float and Bottle Glass Firing Schedules
- Bottle Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Problem Solving
- Fusing With Mica
- Beginner Level Tutorials
- Intermediate Skill Level
- Float (Window) Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Kiln Formed Bead Tutorials
- Bottle Bottom Mold Tutorials
- Kiln Carving Tutorials
- Fusing With Inclusions Tutorials
- Casting with Bottle/Float Glass
- Fusing Other Glass Tutorials
- Glass Tools and Related Articles
- Compatibility and Technical Issues
- Studio Safety