Mica Decals on Fused Glass Donuts
I love donuts, both the edible kind and the fused glass kind. Last month I had a big stack of large bangle sized donuts waiting to be fused in the shop and I wondered if I could add some sparkle during fusing. It worked so well I thought I would share it with you.
Start with donuts and mica water slide decals. The decals need to be the kind that will survive fusing temperatures (very important). Follow the directions on the decals about how to float the decal off the paper backing.
I added some small strips of decal to different donuts in different ways to see what would happen.
Mica decals on the inside of the donut:
Mica decal wrapped around the donut:
Then I fired them to a full fuse:
- Float and Bottle Glass Firing Schedules
- Bottle Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Problem Solving
- Fusing With Mica
- Float (Window) Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Kiln Formed Bead Tutorials
- Bottle Bottom Mold Tutorials
- Kiln Carving Tutorials
- Fusing With Inclusions Tutorials
- Casting with Bottle/Float Glass
- Fusing Other Glass Tutorials
- Glass Tools and Related Articles
- Compatibility and Technical Issues
- Studio Safety