Glass Tile Molds – Ceramic vs. Stainless
Often I get questions regarding the molds I use to make recycled glass tiles. There are two types of molds that I use, stainless steel and ceramic. I make both types and each has its strengths.
Stainless steel molds are:
- easy and quick to make
- work best in small sizes, tend to warp in larger sizes
- must be kiln washed before every use
- can have sharp edges and corners
- more difficult to make and require drying and firing.
- very durable and inexpensive to make.
- can be very nearly duplicated for production work.
- easy to kilnwash