Fusing with Bottle Bottom Molds
Fusing with bottle bottom molds is easy and surprisingly versatile. To start, you need a bottle bottom mold. We have a lovely variety in our online store, with new designs being issued regularly. Here is one of my favorites:
Kilnwash your mold, or coat it with whatever your favorite mold release is.
Then add a 750mL bottle bottom (also available in our online store if you don’t feel like wrangling with a saw). For best results, you should try and cut the bottle as close to the bottom as possible.
Now fire using a full fuse for 1/4″ recycled glass schedule.
After fusing, you can drill a hole in the edge and hang it up if you wish.
Now, clean the kiln wash off, recoat and repeat. Instant flower garden!
- Float and Bottle Glass Firing Schedules
- Bottle Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Problem Solving
- Fusing With Mica
- Float (Window) Glass Fusing Tutorials
- Kiln Formed Bead Tutorials
- Bottle Bottom Mold Tutorials
- Kiln Carving Tutorials
- Fusing With Inclusions Tutorials
- Casting with Bottle/Float Glass
- Fusing Other Glass Tutorials
- Glass Tools and Related Articles
- Compatibility and Technical Issues
- Studio Safety